I have trained with a number of notable singing teachers and repetiteurs, including Cynthia Glover, Mollie Petrie, Alison Mary Sutton, Penelope Price-Jones, Rosalind Plowright OBE, Simon Phillippo and Rosa Mannion.
I also teach piano from beginners to more advanced grades or simply for fun.
I prepare my students for all performance related aspects of GCSE and A level Music. I follow all syllabuses for:
- ABRSM – Singing Grades 1–8 and Diplomas (Classical), Theory up to Grade 5
- LCM – Music Theatre and Popular Music Vocals Grades 1–8 and Diplomas
- Trinity College London – Singing Grades 1–8 and Diplomas (Classical)
Many of my pupils progress to Stage School and Music College. I offer preparation sessions for auditions, concentrating on performance technique, breathing and relaxation methods, and advice on the best repertoire for the candidate.
I offer flexible sessions to suit your needs at the following rates:
- At present, I charge £35 per hour, pro-rata, for all singing and piano lessons.
- Lessons can be 30 / 40 and 60 minute lessons in length, as required.
- I charge £40 per hour for specialist audition preparation for entry into Music and Drama Colleges.
- During Lockdown all lessons will continue to be taught online via Skype, Zoom or Teams. I will review giving face-to-face lessons at my home in Chippenham, where I have a dedicated Music Room, once I have received a full vaccine dose.
It wasn’t until I started singing lessons with Susan that my confidence really grew. Not only did I have lots of fun learning all the songs from the shows, I also achieved distinction in Grade 8 Musical Theatre. Thank you for everything.
Frankie L, former pupil
Mrs Sharp, Susan, you are such a wonderful teacher and such a positive person towards my singing. Thank you so much for helping me achieve my goal of a place at music college. I will be continuing my lessons with you during the holidays.